The site verification process is very simple. We need site verification to prevent unauthenticated crawl requests. Also, this step ensures that we are crawling the correct website.
To start site verification you need the official WpCrawl plugin on your site.
- Download the WPCrawl plugin from Github.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Go to your “Plugins – Add New” plugin page
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button and click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate Plugin” once the upload is complete
- Go to the “Settings – WpCrawl Feed Settings” page to get your feed key
- Copy your Page URL (feed key) to WpCrawl site settings and save it
- Click verify on the WpCrawl dashboard
Once the verification is complete your site will appear with a green border on the dashboard.